- 2 pounds new potatoes
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- ¾ teaspoon sweet paprika
- ¾ teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- ¼ teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons grated Romano cheese
1. Scrub the potatoes with a vegetable brush to clean; leave whole. Place in a steamer basket set over a pan of water at a low boil, cover and steam until just tender, about 25 minutes.
2. Remove potatoes from steamer and cool. The recipe can be made a day in advance to this point. Cover cooled potatoes and refrigerate.
3. Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Put potatoes in a bowl and toss with olive oil, paprika, ½ teaspoon kosher salt and pepper. When potatoes are evenly coated, use the bottom of a small pan to lightly smash. Arrange in a baking dish and roast in oven 20 minutes. Drizzle with melted butter and sprinkle top with remaining ¼ teaspoon salt and Romano. Continue roasting 5 minutes.
Data per serving:
Saturated fat 3.43g
Monounsaturated fat 3.71g
Polyunsaturated fat 0.58g