By dave on 10/30/2021
- 3/4 cup (3 3/4 ounces) all-purpose flour
- 5 tablespoons granulated sugar, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup yogurt
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 tablespoons (2 ounces) unsalted butter
- 1 pound 12 ounces (4 to 5 medium) tart cooking apples, such as Granny Smith, peeled, cored, and sliced into 1/2-inch wedges
- Powdered sugar for dusting
- Adjust rack to upper middle position and preheat oven to 500°F. Whisk flour, 1 tablespoon sugar, and salt in medium bowl to combine. Whisk in milk, yogurt, eggs, and vanilla until just combined; set batter aside.
- Stir remaining 4 tablespoons sugar with cinnamon in a small bowl. Heat butter in 10-inch non-stick oven-safe skillet over medium heat until melted. Increase heat to medium high and add apples and cinnamon-sugar to pan. Cook, stirring frequently, until apples have softened and are beginning to caramelize, 6 to 8 minutes.
- Remove from heat, pour batter over apples and immediately place pan in oven. Reduce heat to 425°F and bake until pancake is puffed, just set in center, and golden around the edges, about 15 minutes.
- Cool pan on wire rack for 5 minutes, then carefully invert pancake onto serving plate. Dust with powdered sugar and serve.
Posted in Recipes | Tagged breakfast |